The District will comprise 44 apartments with the ground floor boasting a stylish new commercial retail space. Petone Engineering has been subcontracted to project manage, supply and install both the structural steel and architectural exposed structural steel (AESS).
- The District is comprised of over 1.5 kilometres of steel
- Steel finishes used 1,100m2 of paint
More than structural engineers
Petone Engineering is working closely with the developer to:
- Provide levels of advice to main contractor, Chartered Engineer and Architect as and when required.
- Present multiple solutions.
- Ensure the project runs smoothly.
- Advise on different methodologies to keep costs within budget.
- Liaise with other subcontractors.
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to.
Steel, steel and more structural steel
For this job, our own team consists of seven fabricators, two on-site installing the steel and the others busy in our local workshop. Upon completion of the project, Petone Engineering will have applied 1100m2 of paint and used over 1.5 kilometres of steel.
The steel members to be supplied for both structural steel and AESS will provide a dynamic and modern aesthetic for the building. Learn more about our steel beams for residential construction service.
The specifications of AESS requires our team to produce very high quality visual members while ensuring that the structural integrity of the steel is not compromised. We are also manufacturing the custom saw tooth roof trusses, along with a huge range of steel members of various sizes.
Check out our resource for Standard Steel Beam Sizes.
Some of the steel beams are specified with a fire-rated coating. This work has been undertaken by one of our trusted subcontractors who specialise in this area.
Petone Engineering’s contribution to this project was completed in early 2019. We have a large team to deal with steel projects across the Wellington region – no job is too big! If you need structural steel work on your new build, contact Petone Engineering.